About the Role
• Responsible for sourcing admissions through direct community contacts which educate healthcare providers and the general public about the By Your Side Hospice program.
• Responsible for the profitable marketing of hospice services. These customers may include, but are not limited Managed Care Companies, Physicians, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, and community.
• Responsible for coordinating and marketing all hospice contracts. This includes monitoring the progress of individual contracts and collecting all relevant data.
• Work with the Administrator & Director of Clinical Services in identifying and qualifying potential new services to meet customer needs.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of annual marketing plans.
• Responsible for keeping a record of all existing customers, tracking trends, markets, and demographics.
• Responsible for follow-up on all marketing efforts and informing the Dir. of clinical services of the status of activities.
• Responsible for maintaining complete confidentiality of patients’ records, and all other confidential information that may be received during the course of patient care, including financial information and personnel records.
• Complies with policies and professional standards.
• Acts independently and responsibly to perform duties on a consistent basis.
• Provides input on the preparation of press releases, newsletters and other.
• Comfortable traveling in a 50-mile radius and maintains an organized approach for the Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Washington, Waukesha and Racine County areas.
• Responds to inquiries, requests and potential referrals for hospice information in a timely manner.
• Explains the hospice philosophy to patients, family members and referral sources.
• Medical knowledge, interpersonal skills, and familiarity with marketing and sales practices.
• Creativity and deadline-based time-management.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to provide a user friendly service over the telephone, using computers and various technology applications.
• Ability to work well in a team, exhibiting good interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Represents By Your Side Hospice positively and professionally within the community.
• Coordinates with clinical management staff in planning in-service and presentations, and in addressing issues with referral sources.
• Participates in community and organizational programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of hospice care.
• Conducts business effectively and fiscally monitors and reports cost effectiveness of marketing efforts.
• Other marketing venues or duties as request by Administer to assist in representing By Your Side Hospice positively and professionally within the community.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in marketing or equivalent experience in sales and marketing in the service industry to the medical community; At least one-year experience in sales is preferred, preferably in hospice care operations. This is an outside sales position requiring the individual to regularly work in the field, promoting, encouraging and establishing utilization of hospice care services. Ability to market aggressively, deal fully with customers, the community and able to explain the value of hospice care services.
About the Company
By Your Side Hospice Care is focused on exceptional care and being "By-The-Side" of our patients, their families, our facility partners, our staff, and the community. This is what drives us every day.